At the Lazy Gourmet, we strive to respect the environment as much as possible in our practices.
We are an approved Green Table Member
As a GTN Approved Member we are:
• Eliminating polystyrene (Styrofoam) and non-recyclable plastics – trays, containers and cutlery will be recyclable or biodegradable.
• Implementing full container and paper recycling programs - we're also making improvements to our take-back programs
• Have Installed low-flow fixtures on all dish/cleaning sinks – saving thousands of litres of water and the energy to heat it!
• Posting ‘turn it off’ light and faucet reminders – helping promote good conservation habits
• Retrofitting current incandescent lighting to energy efficient technologies – will reduce our carbon footprint by one-half tonne
• Purchasing 30-100% pcf recycled paper products - menus to napkins
• Adopting a basic Sustainable Purchasing Policy - our 'Green Team' will set clear sustainability goals across our entire supply chain
We are a certified Ocean Wise partner.
We choose our seafood options based on the Vancouver Aquarium's sustainability recommendations. The choices are based on current research and limiting damage to our ocean habitats. Seafood with this symbol have been caught in manners that limit accidental by catch of other species, specifically endangered ocean life.
Look for the Ocean Wise symbol to select the most sustainable options.
We are also a part of the Wild Salmon Supporters Network, in an effort to collaborate with other local supporters and promote the important cause.
We are committed to reducing our carbon and ecological footprint and by participating in the Ocean Wise program and the Green Table Network we are doing what we can to do so.
When ordering for your next event or corporate lunch, choose our re-usable, washable ceramic platters instead of disposable containers. We also have a re-usable bento box, for a more modern presentation. Also, please consider our linen napkins as an alternative to paper disposable napkins. Call us at 604-734-2507 to discuss these options.
Once your party has ended, we recycle every part possible. From containers, to paper products, we make sure to reduce our waste. We don't want to throw the food away. Instead, we drop food leftovers to local shelters, to help the community and reduce disposal.